I’ve had lots of trouble getting the wifi working on my Raspberry Pi – until – for some unknown reason I turned off the power management.
Now, it works perfectly, and wpa_supplicant no longer renegotiates every five minutes with the router.
Just try the following:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
Then make it look something like this.
Thought someone might find this useful when trying to get the Debain net install iso (or for that matter, any linux distribution, any install) on to a USB stick for installation but from OSX.
Perhaps it’s an age thing, but I’ve latterly been thinking about what social media means to relationships over time.
I’ve moved around a lot over the course of my life, when I was younger because of my parents, and older with work and circumstance – and each move has produced a swathe of friends that [...]
When working with various virtual machines and browsers, your hosts file can start to look a little over subscribed, and rather difficult to manage.
One of my colleagues mentioned dnsmasq – and he implemented it on his host machine to resolve names for various VM’s.
I didn’t really want to install it on [...]
Trust is a massive issue with software today.
You want to use some computing device to achieve a task, so you go to google – after all – someone must have tried to solve this problem with software somewhere. You search away, deftly clicking through links, finally coming upon Acme software, the answer to [...]
Just a quick something I finally got around to this morning – getting BBC radio streams (which are often a little opaque) to play on MPD.
MPD will play external audio streams, but the problem with the BBC streams are that they exist behind tokenised URL’s. So here’s a quick PHP script that you [...]
The problem of updating and versioning database tables in Apcelerators’ Titanium API is made a little trixy by the nature of the number of inherent floors with what’s available, and a lack of comprehensive documentation. I’d already dealt with versioning within my model classes previously, but had glossed over the seed data.
I came across a rather annoying annoyance in the Appcelerator Locale API today, but only to do with the Android platform. It took a while to figure out what was going on, and had to read through the Google documentation to find an answer.
I’ve just upgraded my Debian MythTV server install (just a backend), and for some reason it completely broke. Googling around, I found some references to missing dependencies, but it installed just fine; so what the hell was going on – I just wanted to watch TV…
So looking through log files, I found that MySQL [...]